Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I like to eat....A LOT

Hanger Steak, Momofuku Ssam **

Okay, sometimes I think I have an unhealthy love relationship with food. Oftentimes, overnight guests can find me in my kitchen at 2am, with the refrigerator still wide open, in my shorts and tank top rummaging around for accessible munchies in my line of vision (pickles and mayo anyone? how about eating out of a jar of chili bamboo shoots? I fear the type of foods I will crave when I become pregnant!). Then when I go to bed with my tummy slightly irritated/slightly satisfied, I look forward to waking up in the morning and enjoying a hearty feast. I am quite average in weight and aside from my high blood pressure (which, doctors recently found may be linked to a kidney under/over-working situation), I have a pretty clean bill of health. But I loooooooove food! My whole existence here in NY is trying to seek out the most delicious, scrumptious, exotic flavors a palate can ever experience, all in my budget-range of course!

Even though I love to eat, I am quite conscious of the health choices I make too. The past few months, I've been eating all my carbohydrates during breakfast and lunch time, and strictly protein, veggies and fruits at dinner. It was a hard routine to follow at first, but after awhile, your body gets used to it. My friend has been doing it for a few years, and it's worked wonders for her health and weight. In addition to my 'No Carbs at Dinnertime' rule, I practice Bikram Yoga (yoga in a 104 degree heated studio) twice a week and aim to hit the gym once in between. I also get the benefit of walking everywhere due to a lack of having my car here in NY, so to date, since moving from LA... I've lost about 11 lbs!



















Crying Chocolate & Taro Puff Lollipops, Buddakan

**Hanger Steak: the cut of beef that 'hangs' from the diaphragm. Due to its proximity near the kidneys, this cut is considered to be 'more flavorful'. There is only one hanger steak per animal.

1 comment:

  1. 11 pounds! You rock!!! Bikram yoga sounds awful! How can you stand the heat? I swear, you are so hard core!!!

    I love food too. I wish that I could eat whatever I wanted and not gain a pound. I want to know what you crave when you get pregnant too. I'm sure it'd make for an interesting blog!

    I craved Jamba Juice, lots of fruit, and at one time Scotchmallows from See's Candy. =)

    ReplyDelete