Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hello Kitty is a WHRE


Okay, she (he? maybe little male cats like to wear bows/dresses too) really isn't a WHORE, but the way she's being mass consumed kinda makes you think of her like one.
Ever since I was a little child, Hello Kitty (HK) was quite the staple in my life. She dominated my pencils, erasers, notebooks, lunchbox, and everyday essentials for school. Just a lovable, little companion to get you through the wearisome school day.

Then in college, I remember HK's face imprinted on towels, travel suitcases, and kitchenware (toasters anyone?). Cool, some people like happy faces on their pancakes; others like HK's face on their toast. I get it. Last year, when Makeup Art Cosmetics (MAC) came out with their HK line, I began to think to myself: What is this little cat doing representing adult make-up? But, it still didn't stop me from purchasing the HK lip gloss (or using the free HK tote I received from my purchase).

Yes, I admit, I am guilty of feeding into HK's "victimization" process.

But HK is all grown up. She is no longer just splashed onto little girl items, now she's in the Big Girl's League. Zales created a HK pendant not too long ago (my friend owns one). There's a whole jewelry line now.
And check this out, soon you'll get to enjoy some nice HK wine (Pinot and Rose), hopefully, just in time for the summer!

In the near future, I'm sure we can all look forward to the day when one can sip some fine HK wine, smoke some HK-branded cigarettes, meet that cute guy/girl at a bar, and perhaps, when you reach for that contraceptive in your pocket, you'll see her familar plump face, adorned with red bow and all, giving you the go-ahead, and cheering you each step of the way, just as she did in your childhood. Hello Kitty is no longer the innocent kitten we remembered, she's grown up and living in the fast lane. I kinda miss the baby version of her though, just a little.

Zales' Hello Kitty Sterling Silver Pink and White Sapphire Pendant with Diamond Accents

Pinot Nero and Rose Wines by MWC Importers


For more info, check out their site: Hello Kitty Wines

1 comment:

  1. OH my gosh! Hahahaha! Why are you so hilarious. I love the HK contraceptive idea. Man! I didn't realize how ADVANCED she is. You forgot to mention the HK condom.

    I was more of a Keroppi gal myself.

    ReplyDelete